Dhl - Was told they would be lower than supplier and ended up paying $2600.00!

The shame of it is, when you deal with the lower entry folks on the phone, they are very polite and very helpful.I didn't encounter a problem until I was assigned a sales specialist.

It took him forever to generate a customer number. I'm talking at least a week! I can't tell you all how many times I called; left messages; e-mailed; Finally, I called the main number, explained the situation, got another sales specialist, and finally got the account number. Okay...

Things happen. But then it comes time to ship a $1500.00 order from China. Keep in mind I could have had the supplier ship the order and paid $2400 for merchandise and shipping. Instead, I have to pay $2600.00 for shipping.

I was never given a quote. So, I e-mailed the assigned specialist... Was supposed to have an answer at the end of Tuesday. No answer.

Had to write again. Finally, today when the bill is due, I'm finally told after e-mailing AGAIN that there's nothing that can be done.

So, I'm stuck paying a 2600 bill for merchandise that's only worth 1500!Sayonara DHL

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

Reason of review:
I'm not saying I don't owe anything, but 2600!?
Preferred solution:
Price reduction
Monetary loss:
Product or service
Dhl Shipping Service
Review category
review #705151 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Dhl? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.