Ordered something from Australia.Followed tracking like a hound.

Was at home all day package was to be delivered. Checked tracking status. Said package had been delivered and I had signed for it. No truck was here, no doorbell rang, no package was delivered and I did not sign anything.

No one else was here. Driver came to house, looked me in eye and said he had been here and that someone else (not me) had signed for the package! For the record, I live in a single family home in a nice neighborhood and it was pouring out. I assure you no one was sitting on my doorstep in the rain while I was at home.

Since then have called and spoken with DHL supervisor on numerous occasions. Asked to see a hard copy of my alleged signature. They sent me squiggle that looks like an "O" with a line through it. Not my sig.

They are unapologetic and rude and tell me that it is up to me to contact the shipper and that the shipper has to file a claim. (ok, I guess that's the way it works). That they take the word of the driver, who is obviously either confused or lying, over mine makes me furious. what ever happened to the customer is always right?

So here I am having paid for item, not received item and now am taxed with the project of calling the shipper in Australia during their business hours (I live in the eastern US).

When I get hold of them I'm going to ask them to ship my item via FEDEX.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments

Newton, Massachusetts, United States #926402

The issue was resolved when the package was delivered by the neighbor to who's house it was delivered. DHL maintains that they delivered to my home and that I signed for it.