Additional Fees

I am writing this review because I think what I had to pay for bringing an item into Switzerland using DHL was a joke.The value of the item was about 750 Swiss francs and the "customs" fee was 253 Swiss francs (roughly 34% of the item value).

Here is the fee brake down from DHL. Einfuhrsteuer gemaess Quittung CHF 72.95 Einfuhrzoll gemaess Quittung CHF 12.00 Einfuhrzollabfertigung CHF 90.00 Kapitalbereitstellungsgeb. Zoelle CHF 6.50 Einfuhrsteuerabfertigung CHF 10.00 Datatax / NCTS / E-Dec-Gebuehr CHF 21.55 COD charge CHF 40,00 -------- 253 I asked for an explanation of all of them besides the first two,"Einfuhrsteuer gemaess Quittung" and "Einfuhrzoll gemaess Quittung" . After asking three times the only I got an explanation of was the "COD charge".

It means Cash On Delivery and I was able to get rid off it by transfering money before the delivery. I even contacted higher management but never got the information I requested. When a person doesn't understand what it is he/she is paying for and is denied an explanation by the company who is "selling" the service, I believe it is as close to unlawful as it can get.

I felt I got ripped off, deceived and I would strongly recommend not to have goods cleared at the customs by anyone else but yourself.If you have to have someone to clear the goods for you make sure it is at least not DHL.

Review about: Dhl Delivery Service.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments