DHL IS THEFT!!! I shipped my Gibson Guitar via DHL on 12-04-2007. Their driver came to pick it up but the weird thing was he took my guitar and left nothing for me to track and left. I called their costumer service to find out where is the guitar. GUESS WHAT, THE DRIVER REPORTED that he DID NOT PICK UP ANYTHING!! could you believe that!?

Then I called everyday to their CS service, and their representative always says: Oh, there will be somebody call you back in an hour..." BUT NO ONE REALLY CALLED ME BACK!!

The most ridiculous part is every time they would tell me without the "TRACKING NUMBER" , they could not do anything about it. WTF, the driver just did NOT give me one!!

IS not it a simple logic problem?

Ok, then i still keep calling and emailing them. Someday, a guy named KEITH replied:

2007/12/18, DHL Customer Service :

Dear Yu-jing Wang,

Thank you for contacting DHL.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Our records indicate that the shipment was lost in transit due to DHL handling errors. However, I request you to contact the shipper who is the authorized person to file a loss claim.

If I can be of further assistance, please advise.

Thank you for using DHL.

Keith

DHL Express

Customer Service

OK. good news isn't it?

THen i faxed my claim form to their claim department. No response AT ALL.

SO I call the claim department. Very funny,

they told me without the TRACKING NUMBER, they will just throw away my claim form.

WTF, then I explain this whole thing again.

But the guy is like a machine and repeating:"i am sorry, without a waybill number, theres nothing i can do. Please contact our costumer service".

I was so upset and i emailed to the KEITH guy who sent the claim form for me. I asked him to help me explain this issue to their claim department. here is what he replied:

"

On Dec 29, 2007 11:56 AM, DHL Customer Service < CustomerService@dhl.com> wrote:

Dear Yu-jing Wang,

Thank you for your reply.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. Unfortunately, I am unable to pull up the information you have provided, please get back to us with a valid tracking number of your shipment so that I can assist you better in this regard.

If I can be of further assistance, please advise.

Thank you for using DHL.

Keith

DHL Express

Customer Service

"

WTF! is it some kind of a joke?

everything is just back to the BEGINNING.

Guess i will lost the 969 dollar GIBSON GUITAR forever!!

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments

DHL recently 'lost' a 40 year old Marshall amp that I was shipping to a new owner.The driver took the amp from my porch without knocking or ringing the bell.

Luckily I had printed out the documents and had a tracking number. The driver did actually scan the parcel so it did (and still does) show on their system.

However the amp went missing on his truck and DHL admit that they lost it (only because the driver scanned it (accidently or otherwise).So two months later the driver has a nice vintage guitar amp, the buyer (who arranged the shipping) is £800 worse off.

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States #18360

Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, United States #18353

Tyrone, Pennsylvania, United States #8458

I also work for DHL. I can't believe that you didn't have the shipping document (waybill/tracking number is on the manual waybills) ready as you can print the label online, etc. where the tracking number would be assigned and printed on your label. Second, I don't understand why you would hand ANYONE ANYTHING valuable without some sort of acknowledgement or receipt of PU. Did you add any value added services (i.e. insurance, signature required, 10:30 service, etc)?

I spend hours and hours to make sure your package and millions of other packages are delivered every day. If there is really an issue that you didn't receive any documentation, I hate to say this but 'shame on you'. Shame on us if we really handled this poorly. We are a much better company than that but I realize we are only the sum of our parts. If you feel the damage is done, DHL loses. It's the last thing we want. We sincerly appreciate our customers and want every opportunity to assist them. We can't do it if they haven't provided the basics - like the tracking number - to begin with.

I realize you posted this a few months ago and I hope by now there has been a resolution.

Mcintosh, Alabama, United States #1706

I work for DHL and they give you a tracking number when you call in a pick up. Maybe you should check your 4 dogs *** for your package. I wouldn't go into your yard with 4 dogs.

Marion, Alabama, United States #1703

I really can't beleive the *** this company does!They claim a driver delivered a package to me on the front porch.

Keep in mind that I have a fence with four dogs that let me know when anyone is in the front yard. I was home all day the day they claim it was delivered. But, because there driver says that he delivered it to the correct house, it is my loss. Someone must have stolen it.

I guess as long as they punch the delv.notice in there little machine it makes it all good for them. They claim he was a Holiday driver and did the best he could, It makes it all good. Tell me...what the *** does that mean? Who's to say he wasnt in it for a few holiday gifts for himself.

??? It just seems a little odd that I get packages from UPS, and other companies and have never had a problem with missing packages from my home.

Like I said...I have a very faithful alarm system of 4, and a fairly secured yard.I really think that this company needs to be investigated.