I race mountain bikes and have an Enduro race on 22 December. I purchased a light for a night stage and small bottom bracket in New Zealand weeks ago. Was received in Miami via Hong Kong and shipped to Chile. The package arrived in Chile on Saturday morning. On Tuesday I phoned DHL to inquire about the package as it was not cleared yet. The first operator told me to hold then cut me off.. nice! The next operator informed me that they were looking for me yet no one contact me at all. I provided my details once again. He said they will send the request to clear the package. This morning I received confirmation that the package was cleared at around 06h35. This mail was retracted a little while back, just to receive yet another mail that clearance was delayed yet another day. This is now 5 days down the line and no package. UPS has a one to two day turn around time at max. I am very disappointed in DHL Chile's service as a whole. I am sending out warning mails to all international companies I deal with to NOT make use of DHL as DHL can cause their businesses and good service severe harm. Get a grip DHL get a grip!!!! Does it say somewhere that I should contact DHL to request that they send a clearance request for package clearance? This is absolutely absurd and a serious lack of customer service and operational management. Is it unreasonable to feel this way? I just can't seem to get around the fact that one company has a two day turn around time while another has an unspoken requirement for the customer to smell that they should contact DHL to request DHL to do their job. This experience SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!

17 Clearance delay SANTIAGO - CHILE 08:29

12 Processed for clearance at SANTIAGO - CHILE SANTIAGO - CHILE 09:32

11 Arrived at Sort Facility SANTIAGO - CHILE SANTIAGO - CHILE 09:24

Friday, December 14, 2012 Location Time

10 Departed Facility in MIAMI GATEWAY - USA MIAMI GATEWAY, FL - USA 18:05

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments