Update by user Oct 24, 2012

On October 16, 2012, this is the response that I received from DHL Saudi Arabia after I complained that I had not received my charger on August 29, 2012, \"Regretfully, we were informed that the shipment was physically destroyed and hence, it is no more available at our facility they couldn\'t identify your shipment at that time because it was unlabeled\".Bascially the inept Saudi Arabian Customs Office ripped the box open and separated the paperwork from the box.

When a US DHL shipper tracked it down to the Customs Office a week later, I immediately asked DHL Saudi Arabia to go find it and retrieve it from Customs. Instead, DHL - SA sat on their *** for five weeks and did nothing. All they had to do was take a trip to the Customs Office to retrieve my charger.

Basically, if you want to make sure a package is sent to Saudi Arabia, be warned, the entire system is grossly inept.The DHL Saudi Arabia service is atrocious and you might get the package delivered on a 50-50 probability.

Original review posted by user Sep 16, 2012

I had a Energizer SmartPhone charger sent to me from the US and it arrived in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia two days later on the 29th of August, but hasn't been seen since.I just found out today (September 16) that my item is officially 'lost'.

I replied to the customer service representative:

This is the first time I have had an item lost via DHL, but this is not the first time that I have had unique items "˜lost' in Saudi Arabia.Now it seems that I cannot trust anyone in Saudi Arabia to get my packages to me.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments