I had to ship some critical documents to Canada from New Delhi last week (Fri), so I decided to courier services. Since my office has a tie-up with DHL, I went ahead with it. From what I was told, it shouldve been delivered by Monday (Feb 17).

When I tracked my courier, it showed that it had reached Ontario on Tues (when it was to reach my end-user), but it has not reached by end-client.

When I called the customer care (on Tuesday evening), the guy himself admitted that it should take 2-3 days from date of courier, implying Monday should have been the maximum time for it to reach. and also that I will get a call back tomorrow morning i.e. Wednesday (six days from my courier date) about this whole issue. But I insisted to know the status today itself, he said call after 11 PM, we will be able to give you the status.

When I called again, I got the same, "you will know tmr mrng.." response. Now, I was furious, and I asked what is the policy in case of delay. He said unless it is a priority courier, there will be no compensation of any kind.

So my question is this: If there is no delay policy, it means whether the courier takes 3 days or 15 days, DHL is not responsible. And if the company is not responsible, it can even charge customers for a courier but use normal postal services (for all I know!). Why am I paying so much money if the courier is still taking as much time as a normal post?!!

More on my story tomorrow morning, when I get a call from DHL!!

Review about: Dhl Customer Care.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments