So the "readers digest" version is that I had a passport being sent to me, cost $30.

DHL leaves one door knocker and says that a "second" attempt will be made. The driver even acknowledges this on the door knocker, however he fails to provide a time at which he attended my abode. That said, I call to make sure I can make sure I'm home. However they tell me that he won't becoming since this was the second attempt?? Yes he made an attempt a few days earlier but neglected to leave any sign he was there??

OK, now I have to pick up the package?? I spend $30 for me to drive across town ??

On the phone, the operator says that the door knocker must have been removed? and if I wanted the package to go pick it up, "too bad so sad"

I get a call saying to go pick up the package after 5, I attend the P/U depot and low and behold its not there!! So needless to say "Im fit to be tied"

I call and they tell me "its goign to be there between 5-7pm?? Well I tell her tha I'm appalled that DHL thinks that my time is not as important as theres!!

I ask for the regional supervisior, and he won't even call me!!! Very sad!!!

So I pick up my passport and then go and file a complaint on the DHL website.

Suffices to say that I companied to the Embassy and now I'm here.

DHL will never get any of my business again, or anyones elses if I can help it.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments

Arlington, Virginia, United States #653805

DHL is a horrible delivery company. I ordered a pocket knife from amazon, and they won't even deliver it to my doorstep. I have to BE THERE TO SIGN FOR IT.

HOW IN THE *** AM I GOING TO BE THERE TO SIGN FOR IT WHEN I'M AT WORK ALL DAY? JUST LEAVE IT AT MY *** DOORSTEP.

Never using them again, after weeks of exchanging emails with DHL and multiple notes on front door. Finally had to drive over an hour into a horrible part of the city to the DHL processing center and fill out paperwork to pick up my package.

What a retarded hassle and business model.