2.2
Additional Fees
Insurance Quality
Tracking Tool
Turnaround Time

DHL UK returned to me an international package that I'd sent out some weeks earlier.It had been rejected by customs at the destination country (it was two filming drones).

At the door however they said I'd have to pay import taxes on them again. I explained that this is a return, and the taxes had already been paid and provided the original airway bill information. They said OK, they'd have to take the drones back to the depot to sort the tax issue and to give them a couple of weeks. So away they went.

And then the package didn't come back. So I called DHL and asked what was going on. Was told I'd need to put in writing all with airway bill data and invoice data so they could resolve this. This I did, and was given a reference number.

After a week I contacted DHL again, and was given apologies -there was a backlog, and to give them 7-10 working days. Call back again to complain after 2 more weeks only to find that the package had been disposed of. This was today, 6th Jan 2017. On the notes it says that I asked for them to be destroyed.

There is no proof that I asked for them to be destroyed, and all the auditable calls and emails I've sent have all been asking about getting the taxes resolved so I can get the drones back. I asked why would we pay for shipping on an item we wanted destroyed, and they couldn't answer that. So, hundreds of pounds in hardware, taxes, and shipping charges. All gone.

And DHL are in the clear as on the notes is declares I said to destroy them. Even though there is no auditable call or email to confirm this. Guess how pissed I am.

Go on.Guess.

Review about: Dhl Shipping Service.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Last customer rep i dealt with was very understanding.

I didn't like: Package destroyed without an auditable confirmation process.

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments