3 Eye Glasses and contact lenses were shipped from India worth less than $300 for personal use. I received call from DHL that they would like to have my SS# to get it released. I told them it is not possible, in fact i can go to the nearest DHL and show my Govt. Issued ID but no they did not budge and insisted in completing the form which has huge personal info to be given out and my SS# too. It is all so not worth it. I will never use DHL again. Their mail read like this.

You have two options to clear this:

Complete the 3299 and provide a passport copy (or other foreign ID) for free entry

Provide a valid US Social Security Number along with manufacturers' names and addresses. Duties, taxes and fees will be charged.

I am sorry, but these are the only two options.

Suzie Byrd

SUZIE,

WE ARE NOT INTERESTEDIN GIVING ALL THAT INFO, WE DONT THINK ITS WORTH IT

PLS RETURN THE PACKAGE WHERE IT CAME FROM

THANX

Had an Experience with Dhl?

Comments

Do not ever give your SS# to these clowns.I made the mistake of doing that for a shipment that my company sent from UK and the Illinois Dept.

of Revenue decided to reach into my personal bank account and remove $3500 for "use tax".DO NOT GIVE OUT YOUR SS# TO ANYONE EVER.

Cook, Minnesota, United States #408754

US CBP (Customs) makes these requirements. DHL is just the entry agent. Your issue is with US Gov not DHL