Dhl - Awful, unprofessional, incompetent, irresponsible traumatising
This parcel situation has been going on for nearly 4 weeks. We were told 2 -3 days to India from Thailand. But India was and is incompetent beyond belief, thailand less helpful as they pass the back to india, everyone passing things from pillar to post. At the time of sending we were not informed of India KYC requirements but it was only because I contacted DHL that they then were able to email me. The email asked to uploaded KYC docs but the website failed to work. They told me i could email it to them, so Despite sending emails repeatedly over 3 days to several parties on a daily basis they did not deliver documents to Customs on time. Plus KYC dhl kept changing per person in every step.... its was infurating and beyond incompetent. I clearly said that I was leaving india at the end of the week and I needed the parcel sent within a time frame. As I left the India to get to UK I still did not have my package. Dhl attempted delivery of the parcel to the wrong address 5 days after i had left india but I was told it was part of their 'precedures'. There was daily calls plus emails to DHL about this which took at least 30 mins of explaining to every different person at dhl india which just maddening.
Back to UK the tracing took an unusual step of taking the case on, due to constant incompetence they could see and the bad information being given by both india and thailand about redirecting. 20 days in the uk even finally someone with eyes and a brain could see the email that had the redirect from the shipper, it took 17 days to realise this and daily calls from myself for them to get there... So one month later, still no redirect and somehow within the space of a day, on a Saturday when dhl london tracing was not in office, india without communicating to the shipper or london dhl office had sent the parcel back to thailand. There is a Proof of delivery document, only with no signature and the original shipper who was only sending it on my behalf is no longer in Thailand, so who was it allegedly delivered to? ....How does air mail and delivery to chaing mai via bangkok, go through customs and get to the alleged shipper which all happens in less that 12 hours? Especially when its taken india weeks to process the same. So it looks like that the intention was to loose the parcel and wash hands off it or steal it.
losing days of my life the phone with DHL every day going nowhere for one month solid and going round in circles, its like putting bamboo shoots under your nails... this is most beyond awful, frustrating, ,distressing and incompetant service.
More Review Details
What I liked
- U customer service in a different league to india and thailand
- Uk customer service more proactive than india
What I disliked
- Deceptive delivery estimate
- Dysfunctional internal system
- Reason of review:
- problem with processing, issues paying in thailand for redelivery, lack of communication from india to uk dhl, no communication with shipper when resending to verify
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Dhl Express
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I ordered three ipod touches 32g in different colors for my girls for Christmas. The box was obviously cut open and retaped. Two of the ipod touches were missing! I..."
- "Bought a one of a kind guitar, with the certificate in a travel hardcase from Germany, which it was originally made in the USA, and what makes it unique is..."
- "I am absolutely *** FURIOUS with ups... Someone had ordered me a sex machine from Amazon, and the store owner of the parcel that was ordered chose to use ups......"
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "I order a Dallas Cowboy Decanter Set in July or beginning of August, they stated it will be shipped. After about a week or 2 I called because I didn't..."
- "US Hole in One is based on Lies - Never Use them they claim millions of dollars in business winners office building complex is this the place for a large..."