DHL - "Ready for Transport to USPS" FOREVER

105 of 378 Dhl Reviews
Sep 18, 2013
review #447820

It has been on "Ready for Transport to USPS" status forever.Are they SURE they're really READY TO TRANSPORT???

Doesn't seem like it because they have been taking forever to hand it over to USPS. It's been stuck in Compton, CA (which is part of LA)...and I live in Los Angeles, CA. I can probably drive over there and pick it up and it will take less time than it did for them to deliver it. I hope they really pick up their speed in doing stuff.

I am really dissatisfied and unimpressed with their lousy service.It is not necessary for them to take this long to transport stuff to USPS, especially since it's in the same city!

9d17bce
Had an experience with DHL?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
105 of 378 Dhl Reviews
L A Review

1 day ago

My experience is that DHL holds the package until the time they are supposed to send it. DHL like most private shipping companies will only provide the service paid for. If you paid for 2-5 business days, they will not release it until 2 business days even if the place is across the street. They didn't used to do this. Years ago I could send for something and receive it the SAME DAY from Compton to Los Angeles. They stop doing that to force people to spend more money. If ever there is an option for USPS versus some other funky private company, chose USPS. What you've been told is a lie! Public service is better than private.

Mel

Sep 23

I know how you feel (felt? this post is like a year old). my tracking says exactly that, but it's in Orlando. I live in south florida but from previous experience it does NOT take 5 days for a *** package to arrive from Orlando to where I live!!!!!!!!! I hate DHL.

1 0 Reply
Dessie

Jul 28 Orlando, Florida

I ordered an item off of rosegal.com and the seller used DHL for the shipping service, I had never heard of this company before until that moment. They had received a notification for my package on the 17th, finally had the tracking information available on the 25th. Now it is waiting to be transported to USPS. I had ordered something from China and I got it less than 2 weeks.

Sweetiesmom

Jun 20 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

The DHL Hub in Elkridge, MD is no better. My package has been sitting there ready to pass on to USPS for 5 days now. I don't think I'm ever going to see it at this rate. And who know if the problem is with DHL or USPS. DHL stays in business by offering extremely low shipping rates that vendors usually pass on to consumers but I'm thinking it's worth it to pay more and actually get the item I ordered. Uggh. Really frustrating.

3 0 Reply
sean90now7

Aug 26

i can guarantee you that the problem is with dhl, not usps...
at least in my area... usps does a great job. also, when the trcking on dhl website finally says its with usps... my packages always arrive that day

Sleepy

Jun 10 Fair Oaks, California

Same issue, set if headphones listed as "Union City, CA, US
Ready for Transport to USPS" for past 5 days. Union City is a 4 hour drive from my house. Wont be buying from meritline or using dhl to ship anything in the future

Dude

May 20 Kissimmee, Florida

So far it has taken a week to get my package from the shipper in Washington to a point where they are ready to give it to the USPS in Florida. Once that has happened, it's likely to spend at least 3 more days in transit. Such speed can only be rivaled by armless people canoeing upstream in a river of molasses. ***, I think rocks have been photographed moving faster than this. :sigh

Dude

May 21 Kissimmee, Florida

day 3 of "Ready for Transport to USPS" and counting. Seriously, by now I could have walked there and picked it up. Between using DHL and holding the package yourself and hoping it will evolve and develop the ability to ship itself, waiting for evolution to take place seems to be the smarter and faster choice.

3 1 Reply

May 14 Seminole, Florida

It's been 4 days for me since Saturday. I sent an email to both DHL, and the Amazon seller. I haven't been contacted by DHL yet (figures), but the Amazon seller said that it takes 5-10 days, and if I don't get it by the 22nd to contact them. Now I will always ask sellers their shipping service. :(

Apr 11

this is why we pay for next dday!!!! my fokken ram has been sitting "ready" for 3 days!

0 1 Reply

Jul 22

Same problem...

Qhate

Apr 07 Hayward, California

My package has been stuck on "Ready to Transport to USPS" for 7 days now.
I have emailed DHL about it on day 3. They said it's with USPS, which is an outright lie. They told me to wait another day and then contact the vendor to open an investigation. Then DHL stopped all contact with me whatsoever.
It's just frustrating knowing that the package is literally 2 miles from me (it is stuck in Union City, CA) and i have no way of getting it.
Seems to be the Union City and Compton facilities are run by imbeciles.

Jan 28

Yeah I feel the frustration with you guys I ordered a package from Illinois I live in Ohio... For whatever reason they sent it to Kentucky, which means they pretty much drove past my house or extremely far out of their way. It's been chilling there since Saturday with the "ready for transport to USPS" nonsense. EVERY other package I've EVER ordered from amazon is here LONG before the 3-5 day limit, except this one which is the closest I've ever ordered from. DHL Global Mail is a trash company and personally I think companies like Amazon should bar their sellers from using them. In case you ready this on a different day it's now Tuesday which means Saturday (we wont count Sunday) Monday and now Tuesday these jack holes haven't sent my package out to the post office. To any possible future consumers using this mailing service, DON'T DO IT!!!!

Jan 27

Same boat here. First off it took a week just to get to CA and now my package has been sitting in Compton for a whole 'nother freaking week "ready to transport!"

the redneck

Jan 18 Santa Rosa, California

I order 2 thing one ship from Compton and it been in union city thus and my others package came from Orlando fl and already in Oakland ca and be here on monday that is usps and both shipped out the same day monday

Not doing this again

Jan 10 Fort Wayne, Indiana

I'm in the same boat! But mines been over a week it's been on the same *** thing going on almost three weeks highly upset about it, I prolly won't order anything from the site I did but hoping it comes soon its telling me its three states away! :( :? :(

welljustwaitingimpatiently

Dec 13, 2013

Guys, I'm going through the same thing. It's been stuck on "ready for transport to USPS" going on four days and this (where it's stuck) is only a city away from me. I just want to go over there and ask them for my package so I can leave with it. This is so frustrating. AND! It hasn't even gone to USPS! So then, I have to wait for that!

Incompetence or laziness

Nov 13, 2013

yup I got this too, just sits there, day after day after day waiting to go to usps. Learned a valuable lesson though, make sure whoever I'm buying something from is not using DHL and if they are, buy whatever somewhere else. I can't believe these idiots remain in business.

KKelly

Oct 30, 2013

I am also stuck here seeing "Ready for Transport to USPS" it's been like this for days! Its also in a city thats 20 minutes away from me! What the heck is going ON?! :(

1-20 of 29 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about DHL.
Filing a new complaint about
×